- Category: How to use Wordpress
- Published: 25 April 2014
- Hits: 2859
In the post Article 6.2.1: Detail about publishing post by Add New function of Posts tools , you will learn 4 of 9 areas that you need to note when you use the Add New Post tool. We will continue learning from the area 5.
I.5. Item 5: Publish
When you add or edit a post, the Publish area displays:
Contains status: Published, Pending Review, Draft.
Contain status: Public (display this post for everyone); Password Protected (only display this post for someone who have password of this post); Private (nobody can view this post, except you).
a. Option 1
You select Status: Published | Visibility: Public | Enter Publish or Update button, your post will display for all people:
b. Option 2
You select Status: Published | Visibility: Password Protect – enter password is “12345” | Enter Publish or Update button. This post will display:
If anyone who knows the password, they will type password. Then, enter Submit button to view the content of this post.
c. Option 3
You select Status: Published | Visibility: Private | Click on Publish or Update button. Only you can see this post on your website.
With posts have different formats, they will be displayed in different ways. It depends on your main theme which you’re using for your website.
Example: If you set the theme “Twenty Thirteen”, you will have 10 formats: Standard, Aside, Image, Video, Quote, Link, Gallery, Status, Audio, Chat.
With the theme “Twenty Fourteen”, there are only 8 formats (do not contain Status and Chat format). The theme “Twenty Fifteen” has 10 formats. However, these formats were not discriminated between colours as the theme “Twenty Thirteen”. They were discriminated between small icons which are below the post title:
When you click on the icon, you will see all posts which have the same format.
Select categories which contain that post ( Please read more at: Manage and add new categories and tags in WordPress )
Enter tags that relate with that post.
I.9. Featured Image: Select featured image for that post.
In this next post, we will learn how to manage media on WordPress.
- How to register and use Gravatar on WordPress
- How to create and manage categories and tags in WordPress
- How to display empty categories in WordPress
- Article 9.2: Guide to customize your main theme using Customize function
- Article 9.1 - Change your theme using Appearance Tool
- Article 8: How to create and manage page using Page tool
- Article 7: Manage media file using media tool in Wordpress
- Article 6.2.2: Detail about publishing post by Add New function of Posts tools
- Article 6.2.1: Detail about publishing post by Add New function of Posts tools
- Article 6.1: Manage, edit/delete articles with All Posts function in Posts tool
- Article 5: Using Dashboard tool in the administrator page
- Article 4: Using 17 tools in the administrator page