- Category: How to use Wordpress
- Published: 25 April 2014
- Hits: 2832
In the previous post, you knew how to manage, edit/delete posts with All Postsfunction of Posts tool. Now, you will learn how to add and publish a new post using Add New function.
First, you need to login to the admin page, select Posts » enter Add New button to start adding a new post on WordPress. You need to note 9 areas below:
After display Permalink Settings screen (image below), you tick off Post name and enter Save Changes button. Now, if you type a title “Example post“, WordPress will automatically generated a link “http://localhost/wordpress/example-post” as in example.
You click on Edit button to manually edit this permalink. Enter View Post button to preview post before publish this post.
I.3. Item 3: Add Media
Add media as video, audio, image, file,… into a post.
I.4. Item 4: Editor
Editor is an area to draft your post. It is splitted into 2 items:
- Visual editor
- Text editor
I.4.1. Visual Editor
I.4.2. Text Editor
In this text editor, you can see and edit source code of a post. Example: If you want to embed youtube video, you need to paste the embed code into the text editor,…
» To be continue...
- How to register and use Gravatar on WordPress
- How to create and manage categories and tags in WordPress
- How to display empty categories in WordPress
- Article 9.2: Guide to customize your main theme using Customize function
- Article 9.1 - Change your theme using Appearance Tool
- Article 8: How to create and manage page using Page tool
- Article 7: Manage media file using media tool in Wordpress
- Article 6.2.2: Detail about publishing post by Add New function of Posts tools
- Article 6.2.1: Detail about publishing post by Add New function of Posts tools
- Article 6.1: Manage, edit/delete articles with All Posts function in Posts tool
- Article 5: Using Dashboard tool in the administrator page
- Article 4: Using 17 tools in the administrator page