- Category: WordPress for beginners
- Published: 28 April 2015
- Hits: 775
Do you want to add an image into a post, or create a new photo gallery in WordPress? Similarly to the method that is in the post “How to upload a video and create a video playlist into WordPress post,“ you can easily do it.
Foremost, you log in to the admin page of WordPress. Select Posts » Enter Add New(Item 1) to start adding a new post to WordPress.
Then, you click on Add Media button to start uploading images to WordPress post.
There are two methods of uploading pictures.
- Method 1: You can click the left mouse button on the image which you want to upload (click Ctrl + the left mouse button to select multiple images). Then, you drag those videos by holding the left mouse button and drop those images into the Upload Files Tab.
- Method 2: you can click on Select Files button » Click the left mouse button on the picture or click Ctrl+ the left mouse button to select multiple pictures that you want to upload (Item 1)» Enter Open (Item 2) to start uploading images to WordPress.
After uploading images, you will see the Media Library Tab.
1. Add an Image to WordPress post
In the Media Library Tab (Item 1), you tick off the image (Item 2) » Click on Insert into post button (Item 3) to add the image to the post.
And this is the result of adding an image to WordPress post:
2. Create and add a photo gallery into WordPress post
You click on Create Gallery (Item 1) » Select images that you want to add to your photo gallery (Item 2)» Enter Create a new gallery button (Item 3).
Select Insert gallery (Item 1) to add a photo gallery into the post. Note: If you want to display a gallery on 2, 4, 6 columns, you can change the value of Columns item. And this is the result of adding a photo gallery into WordPress post:
After publishing the post, you can see this post on your website:
Note: I created a gallery with the Hueman theme – a beautiful theme. With other themes, you can see the different in displaying photo gallery. It depends on each theme you install on your WordPress site.