- Category: WordPress for beginners
- Published: 02 August 2014
- Hits: 1329
After you’ve registered successful the domain name and Hostgator hosting (View details in the article "How to register a domain name and hosting for your own website"), you can call for the support of Hostgator help you install WordPress Website. But if you desire to install your website, you can quickly install WordPress using the QuickInstall application.
I. QUICK INSTALL WORDPRESS WEBSITE
1. You log into the administrator page of Hostgator hosting by typing in the browser’s address bar: https://gatorxxxx.hostgator.com:xxxx.
2. Enter your username and password (Hostgator has sent this info in your email) to log into the admin page of Hostgator hosting.
3. You choose QuickInstall application in the Software / Services.
4. You click WordPress in the Blog Software section, and then click Continue.
5. You fill out the data before beginning to install WordPress for your Web site.
- http://vandon.com.vn: You choose the domain name you want to install WordPress on the “http://“ list (In my example, I selected the "vandon.com.vn" domain). Note: If you don’t desire to install WordPress on the "vandon.com.vn" domain, but want to install Joomla on a subdomain of the "vandon.com.vn", you create a "travel" directory in the "vandon.com.vn" folder by entering in the “http: //”: "http://vandon.com.vn/travel".
- Enable Auto Upgrades: Mark this item to choose automatic mode to upgrade to the latest WordPress for your Web site.
- Admin Email: Enter your email.
- Blog title: The title of your website
- Admin User: Enter the username you want to apply (this username will be used to log into the Joomla admin page after you've set up).
- Enter your First Name and Last Name
6. Then, click Install Now to begin the installation process. Wait a minute, when the installation is over, you will be receiving information from QuickInstall application:
- Admin Area: contains a link to the WordPress admin page. Click on the link http://vandon.com.vn/wp-admin (1) to go straight to the admin page, or you can also enter the link in the web browser’s address you are using.
- Username and Password: display your username and password. The password of the administrator page is automatically generated by QuickInstall.
7. When the installation process is terminated, you can:
Enter in the address bar of the browser content: "http://vandon.com.vn" to access your Web site
Click the "http://vandon.com.vn/wp-admin" link to visit to the admin page, where you can customize and manage your website.
II. CHANGE PASSWORD
As you can see, after you successfully install WordPress, QuickInstall will give you a password (for example, the password is "7vLEg747hvyMgyZ"). This password is too long and difficult to remember. So you need to conduct an administrative password change.
1. You log into the admin page by typing in the Web browser’s address bar content: "http://vandon.com.vn/wp-admin".
2. Enter the username and password after you complete the installation process using QuickInstall. Then click Login to log into the admin page. In the admin page, select the Users tool located in the left menu bar, click Your Profile.
3. You enter the new password in the New Password and enter the password again in the Repeat New Password. Then, you click Update Profile to complete the procedure of modifying the admin password.
WordPress For Beginners
- How to add Logo, Favicon and change Site title, Tagline on WordPress 4.x
- How to Fix Fatal Error: Maximum Execution Time Of 30 Seconds Exceeded on WordPress 4.4.2
- How to install Free WordPress Theme using WordPress 4.4.2
- How to install WordPress 4.4.2 on Localhost using XAMPP
- Add Facebook Like and Share button to WordPress
- How to embed and manage Facebook comments on WordPress
- How to embed Youtube subscribe button in WordPress
- How to add an audio file and insert a music playlist into WordPress Post
- How to add a video and insert a video playlist to WordPress post
- How to upload images and create a photo gallery into Blog WordPress
- How to create a Facebook app for your website
- Quick install WordPress on Localhost using Instant WordPress Software
- Quick install WordPress website on Hostgator hosting
- Article 3: How to install Wordpress
- Article 2: How to create a new database MySQL
- Article 1: Install XAMPP software
- What do you need to create and publish your own website by wordpress?