- Category: WordPress for beginners
- Published: 11 April 2014
- Hits: 2677
1. Download installer package (Version 4.1.1) at: http://wordpress.org/download/
2. Extract file wordpress-4.1.1.zip that you downloaded. You have a folder "wordpress-4.1.1".
3. Copy all of the files in the "wordpress-4.1.1" folder.
4. In Step 1: Install XAMPP software on your computer, you set the default XAMPP install folder in D:\xampp. Now, go to path D:\xampp\htdocs, create a new folder "website_wordpress" in the htdocs folder
5. Paste all files in "wordpress-4.1.1" folder to the website_wordpress folder that you've created
6. Now, you access website_wordpress folder to start installing by typing: localhost/website_wordpress on the address bar of the browser.
7. Enter Continue button
8. Enter Let's go button.
9. Enter the information:
- Database Name: name of the new database that you've created in Step 2: Create a new database MySQL (in the example is "dbwordpress")
- User Name: MySQL account name (default is root)
- Password: enter password MySQL account (default is empty)
- Table Prefix: you create two or many websites on a same database. Website 1 has tables as a user, content,... Website 2 has the same table with Website 1 as user, content..., too. So, table prefix to create the tables discrimination. Website 1 with 'web1_' prefix will have tables as web1_user, web1_content,... Website 2 with 'web2_' prefix will have tables as web2_user, web2_content,...
10. Enter Submit
11. Click Run the Install button
12. Enter the information
- Site Title: Enter your site title
- Username: administrator account (set as "admin")
- Password, twice: enter your administrator password. You need to enter password again (set as "admin")
- Your email: enter your email
13. Choose Install Wordpress and wait several minutes
14. You installed Wordpress successfully. Now, you log in to the administrator page by click Log in button or type directly on the address bar: localhost/website_wordpress/wp-admin
15. Enter your user name ("admin" in the example) and password ("admin" in the example) then click Log in
This is the administrator page. You can post articles, customize your content website and theme,...
14. When guests visit your website. They don't see the administrator page (or called Back End). They only see another page (called Front End).
To view your website how to look like, you type on the browser's address: localhost/website_wordpress
You've got a simple website that looks like above. We will change this simple theme to a beautiful theme and easy to customize in next posts.
WordPress For Beginners
- How to add Logo, Favicon and change Site title, Tagline on WordPress 4.x
- How to Fix Fatal Error: Maximum Execution Time Of 30 Seconds Exceeded on WordPress 4.4.2
- How to install Free WordPress Theme using WordPress 4.4.2
- How to install WordPress 4.4.2 on Localhost using XAMPP
- Add Facebook Like and Share button to WordPress
- How to embed and manage Facebook comments on WordPress
- How to embed Youtube subscribe button in WordPress
- How to add an audio file and insert a music playlist into WordPress Post
- How to add a video and insert a video playlist to WordPress post
- How to upload images and create a photo gallery into Blog WordPress
- How to create a Facebook app for your website
- Quick install WordPress on Localhost using Instant WordPress Software
- Quick install WordPress website on Hostgator hosting
- Article 3: How to install Wordpress
- Article 2: How to create a new database MySQL
- Article 1: Install XAMPP software
- What do you need to create and publish your own website by wordpress?