- Category: WordPress for beginners
- Published: 11 April 2014
- Hits: 2676
To set up your Wordpress website on localhost, you need to extend to 3 steps:
Foremost, we'll install XAMPP software
1. Download XAMPP software at the address: https://www.apachefriends.org
2. Run file XAMPP set up that you've downloaded above
3. Enter Next
4. Continue choosing Next. Now, XAMPP will locate in the xampp"folder with path C:\xampp by default. But, if you save it in disk C (C: is system drive), when you set up a new Windows Operation, XAMPP can't run, and you must install XAMPP again.
So, you should move it to another disk. In Select a folder item, I remove the path "C:\xampp" and replace by "D:\xampp":
5. Now, the installer folder moves to D:\xampp. Continue entering Next
8. Enter Next
9. The setup is immediately ready for installing XAMPP. Enter Next. Please wait several minutes, etc. Then, you select Finish to complete this installation.
10. Hence, you installed the XAMPP software successfully. To start Apache and MySQL services on the virtual server, you go to the folder xampp in the path "D:\xampp" and click on the xampp-control icon to run XAMPP.
11. After clicking, the XAMPP control panel appears. You enter Start button to start Apache and MySQL services.
Note: If you can't start Apache, you need to find the software that is using Port 80 and stop it. If you are using Skype, you need to quit Skype and try again. If you can't start MySQL, you need to check your antivirus software or configure the firewall to accept MySQL.
12. Then, the status of the Start button changes to the Stop.
14. You've installed the XAMPP software successfully. In the next article, you'll learn to Step 2: Create new database MySQL.