- Category: WordPress for beginners
- Published: 11 April 2014
- Hits: 2545
To set up your Wordpress website on localhost, you need to extend to 3 steps:
Foremost, we'll install XAMPP software
1. Download XAMPP software at the address: https://www.apachefriends.org
2. Run file XAMPP set up that you've downloaded above
3. Enter Next
4. Continue choosing Next. Now, XAMPP will be installed in "xampp" folder with path C:\xampp by default. But, if you save it in disk C (C: is system disk), when you set up a new Windows Operation, XAMPP can't run and you must to install XAMPP again. So, you should move it to another disk. In Select a folder item, I clear the path "C:\xampp" and replace by "D:\xampp":
5. Now, the install folder is moved to D:\xampp. Continue entering Next
8. Enter Next
9. The setup is immediately ready for installing XAMPP. Enter Next. Please wait several minutes... Then, you select Finish to complete this setup.
10. Hence, you installed the XAMPP software successfully. To start Apache and MySQL services on the virtual server, you go to the folder "xampp" in the path "D:\xampp" and click on the xampp-control icon to run XAMPP.
11. After clicking, the XAMPP control panel appears. You enter Start button to start Apache and MySQL services.
Note: If you can't start Apache, you need to find the software that is using Port 80 and stop it. If you are using Skype, you need to quit Skype and try again. If you can't start MySQL, you need to check your antivirus software or configure firewall to accept MySQL.
12.Then, state of the Start button changes to the Stop.
14. You've installed the XAMPP software successfully. In the next article, you'll learn to Step 2: Create new database MySQL.
WordPress For Beginners
- How to add Logo, Favicon and change Site title, Tagline on WordPress 4.x
- How to Fix Fatal Error: Maximum Execution Time Of 30 Seconds Exceeded on WordPress 4.4.2
- How to install Free WordPress Theme using WordPress 4.4.2
- How to install WordPress 4.4.2 on Localhost using XAMPP
- Add Facebook Like and Share button to WordPress
- How to embed and manage Facebook comments on WordPress
- How to embed Youtube subscribe button in WordPress
- How to add an audio file and insert a music playlist into WordPress Post
- How to add a video and insert a video playlist to WordPress post
- How to upload images and create a photo gallery into Blog WordPress
- How to create a Facebook app for your website
- Quick install WordPress on Localhost using Instant WordPress Software
- Quick install WordPress website on Hostgator hosting
- Article 3: How to install Wordpress
- Article 2: How to create a new database MySQL
- Article 1: Install XAMPP software
- What do you need to create and publish your own website by wordpress?