- Category: Website Development
- Published: 06 July 2014
- Hits: 2446
You want to know your website is fast or sluggish. You can utilize the tools provided by Pingdom website to find the most accurate survey of the current speed of your site.
Pingdom is a great free tool. First, you need to proceed to the following address tools.pingdom.com. Next, you type the website address you want to test the speed.
In this case, I want to hold back the speed of factsaboutbees.org website. After the import finishes, click Test Now. Wait a minute, and Pingdom will return the result.
And here are the final results of the overview assessment of Pingdom about factsaboutbees.org site’s speed
- Perf Grade: scores assessing the website speed (point 85/100)
- Requests: Requests quantity page load (51 requests)
- Load time: finished loading time (3.3 seconds)
- Page size: sum capacity of 51 files (51 requests) that the browser downloaded (343.7 KB)
- Your website is faster than 48% of all tested websites: Pingdom provides overview assessment of the speed of the site. They let you know that currently, your site faster than 48% of sites have used to test the speed of the Pingdom tool.
It is the overview assessment of the site. Now is the detailed statistics.
I. Waterfall: Provides you the detail about the number of requests (101 requests), file size, page load time.
II. Performance Grade: evaluate and grade 8 techniques to optimize website speed with a scale of 100.
III. Page Analysis: analyze time, file size, the requests use to download each component on the page.
IV. History: save loading time of web pages that you've checked the previous speed and is represented by the graph.
The page you see is not just a file. They are arranged from many other files from organizing image, text, video, audio files as pieces of a photograph. To display that photo, you need to have the full parts.
1. FILE FORMAT OF REQUESTED INFORMATION
- HTML file format
- The file containing the CSS format
- The image file
- Files containing text
- The file contains other content, such as flash files
- Requires download this file faulty (error code: 4XX, 5XX) or will not be able to
download this file.
- This file has been redirected to a different destination.
2. PAGE LOAD TIME
The colors show the status of the requests:
DNS – The browser search DNS information on the site.
SSL - If the web server used SSL certificate, it would transmit a certificate to the browser is trusted and browser check this is trusted or not, then make a connector to the server
Connect - The browser starts connecting to the Web server.
Send - The browser transmits data to the server
Wait – Browser wait the data from server
Receive - Browser receive the data from server
The process of making a request (download a file) as follows:
- Step 1: Browser search DNS information about the Website
- Step 2: If this site used an SSL certificate (security connection certificate with the website address: https://...), Web browser requires the SSL certificate. Web site sends a certificate to the browser which checks that the certificate is believed or non.
Note: If the website doesn’t use SSL certificate (website address: http://...), the browser will connect to the server and skip this step.
- Step 3: The browser start connecting to the server.
- Step 4: After the connection is successful, the browser will send requests and data (if any) to the Web server.
- Step 5: The browser waits the server to process the request.
- Step 6: After the timeout, the server delivers data to the browser so that the browser displays Web page on your computer.
This is the process of handling a full load request which is given from the web browser. Each step will require some time and total time does all steps (from search DNS - verify -connection - the request - wait - receive data) is the completion time of a request.
3. STATE PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
URL 2XX - server return 2XX code indicating download a file success
URL 3XX - Request from the server to be redirected to a different website (which contains the required files)
URL 4XX - An error occurred on the client, such as a 404 - not found error
URL 5XX - An error came from the server.
URL - Connection error, no response from the server
II- PERFORMANCE GRADE
Measures and grades 8 techniques to optimize website speed with a scale of 100.
The grade is computed as the total average common points:
Grade== Total score of 8 criteria / 8
For example: Score = (43 +70 +81 +89 +99 +100 +100 +100) / 8 = 85.25
III – PAGE ANALYSIS
Page Analysis: analyze time, file size, the requests use to download each component on the page.
In the figure, Pingdom notice of 51 requests to the server. There are 45 requests returned 2XX codes by the server, the server notices that have made requests successfully. There is 1 request which is redirected to another destination. No request has been a 4xx error (error from the client side), 5XX (server-side error), no faulty connections.
Save history speed, page size, request quantity and grades which have been tested by Pingdom and are represented by graphs.
The graph above indicates the change in page loading speed. On 06/04/2014, the factsaboutbees.org website has been tested on the speed with results, page download speed is more than 3 seconds. To 06/06/2014, website speed test of this 5 times, inward 3 times immediate, page loading speed increased significantly, just over 2 seconds.
Likewise, there are graphs which depict the change page size, request quantity, and degree.
Pingdom offers you a great free tool to test web site speed
1. If you are expecting to build a web site and you are selecting an theme. You seem to get a suitable theme. You are viewing the Demo but you wonder that how can it
move fast. You need to type the URL of that Demo to Pingdom check your speed. Pingdom returns the result and evaluates the speed of the demo. Founded on data provided Pingdom, you can determine whether to select that interface or not.
2. If you are really knowledgeable about web programming or you are an advanced user, you can utilize the statistics provided by Pingdom. You can pick up the files which take any leeway to load page. If not necessary, you can interpose in the programming code and remove the files to increase your internet site speed.