Guide You to Optimize to Speed up Your Joomla Website Quickly and Efficaciously - Page 3 - Results in the first test
- Category: Joomla
- Published: 15 August 2014
- Hits: 5866
III. TEST THE RESULT IN THE FIRST CHANGE
After you made some changes, we will test result with two tools above.
III.1. TEST RESULT WITH PINGDOM TOOL
- Perf. grade = 56/100 (unchanged).
- Load time = 6.98 sec( slower)
- Page size = 1.1 MB (unchanged).
In this example, the changes I made can not help my website runs faster. In fact, it runs slower.
Note: Enable Gzip file compression and web browser's cache may not work for this site, but can be useful for the other websites. You need to try and compare the result to decide that you will make changes or not.
III.2. TEST RESULT WITH PAGESPEED INSIGHTS TOOL
- With mobile devices, the score I got is 37/100 (unchanged)
- With PC, the score is 48/100 ( increase 1 point)
III.3. CONCLUSION ABOUT THE FIRST CHANGE
From the result I got, you can see the changes above do not work. Now, we're going to disable the Gzip compression and browser's cache by:
1. Select System » Global Configuration » Click on the Server tab, in the Gzip Page Compression, you click on the No button, then click Save to disable Gzip compression feature.
2. Continue selecting System tab, move on to the Cache Settings area and modify the value to “OFF - Caching disabled” value, click Save to disable caching.
Next, we'll try other ways.
♥ Please enter Next to read more