- Category: Joomla
- Published: 17 April 2014
- Hits: 2420
Do you want to embed Youtube Video to your website? You haven't ever done it. Or may be done, but when you copy embed code to source code in editor, you can't add Youtube video successfully in Joomla 3.2.3. This video supply you with a solution to solve problems above.
Alright, you will go step-by-step.
1. Step-1: Copy embed Youtube code .
- You go to the website: https://youtube.com.
- Choose a video that you want embed to your website
- Copy embed code of this video.
2. Paste your embed code to new article and problem may be appeared.
- In the administrator page, choose Content > Article Manager > Add New Articles.
- In Editor, click Tools > Choose Source Code > Paste embed code to Source Code window. If you see a video, you've embed Youtube Video successfully.
- But if you can't see any video in Editor, you ask yourself what's happen?You check again by: click Tools > Choose Source Code. If you see in Source Code window is empty or doesn't contain any <iframe/> tags. So, why?
3. Reason and Solution
- Because in the Editor, you're using Editor-TinyMCE plugin to edit your articles, and this Editor-TinyMCE plugin is set up to remove <iframe/> tags automatically (an embed code is started in <iframe/> tags,so, it's removed in the Editor). This is reason that makes you can't add a youtube video.
- You click Extension > Choose Plugin Manager > Enter "editor-tinymce" in Search textbox, then Search > choose Editor-TinyMCE Plugin. At Prohibited Elements Item, delete "iframe" text > Save.
- Start adding new article > Click Tools > Source Code > Paste embed code to Source Code.
Oh..., that's great! Your video is embed successfully on your Joomla 3.2.3 website.