- Category: Blender Basics
- Published: 23 September 2016
- Hits: 98
You want to make holes in an object? In this video, we will learn how to use Knife Project to cut holes in an object in Blender. Let's see how it works.
- Watch video on YouTube:
- View the presentation on SlideShare.net
Step 1: Add a cube by pressing Shift + A » Mesh » Cube
Step 2: Add new circle by pressing Shift + A » Mesh » Circle
Step 3: Enter the R key, hit the X key and type 90 to rotate the circle 90 degrees around the x-axis.
Step 4: Press the Numpad 5 key to switch from Perspective View Mode to Orthographic View Mode (» Read more: How to switch between Perspective (Persp) and Orthographic (Ortho) Views in Blender ).
Step 5: Enter the Numpad 1 to view from the front of the cube
Step 6: Hit G to move the circle to the center of the cube. And press the S key to scale it.
Step 7: Enter A to deselect all visible objects in scene. Hold the Shift key, right click on the circle first, then right click on the cube
Step 8: Switch to Edit Mode by pressing Tab. Select Tool » Knife Project. Press T to open the Mesh Tools panel if you don't see the Mesh Tools.
I. Case #1
If you select the Cut through item in Knife Project, you will cut both two sides of the cube
Step 9: Press the Delete key » Faces to cut holes in the cube.
II. Case #2
If you deselect the Cut through item in Knife Project, you will cut only one side of the cube - the front of the cube
(Source: Blender Share)
- How to Cut an Object using Knife Project in Blender 2.77
- How to rig eyes in Blender 2.77
- How to create a glass bottle in Blender
- Rendering with Cycles in Blender
- Introduction to Cycles Nodes in Blender
- Mastering lighting in Blender
- How to use indirect lighting feature in Blender
- Blender rigid body basics tutorial
- How to make a fluffy carpet in Blender
- Modelling a book in Blender
- Basics of character rigging in Blender
- Blender Absolute Beginner Tutorial
- Rendering with Cycles Render in Blender
- Shading and lighting in Blender
- Learn animation in Blender
- Modelling in Blender
- Interface and Navigation in Blender
- How to download and install Blender
- General introduction to Blender
- Modelling,texturing and rigging a simple character in Blender
- How to make, animate metal gears in Blender
- Modelling a simple chair in Blender
- Building a simple house in Blender
- How to create grass, flowers and rocks in Blender
- How to create a realistic ring in Blender 3D
- 6 steps to move objects on a path in Blender 2.7